Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hi everyone, I am back.

Thank you for all your comments and good wishes for my new business.

Business is good, much better than expected. Allow me to start from where I left off in the last post….

I sold my cow to a local prominent farmer for KShs. 20,000. With this cash I was able to buy 15 goats from Maasai herdsmen driven from their rift valley grazing fields to the highlands by severe famine. Each of the goats cost KShs.800. I took the animals home to Ol’Joro-orok where there’s plenty of food. After a long spell of dry weather, the rains are here. The pastures are quickly turning from scorched red to lush green and the price of goats (and other livestock too) has risen dramatically. Today, I sold all the goats for KShs.1,850 each! If that is not good business, tell me what is!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irena said...

two waoh Villager ,now that is what I call a killing !!! Good for you.Now I might just return to Karatina

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a true kyuk! I really miss my shaggs na hapo hivo mukurweini - ichamara village. i think we would be neighbors. keep the stories coming. am hooked!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

about 16,000 - not bad at all!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u gt issues speak 4urself true villager.u portrayin like nyahururu is all about cows n shit.hey by the way did u ever go to a high school.u dnt look like u r exposed to anything n probably thats why u think that u r the shanuked one there.hey u gt things twisted.nyahururu is a kool town with kool pplee above u.he y move wit the right crowd n u will know that u dnt know anything n u shady or should i say mshamba.i live in nyahururu n i knw that we kool

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home