Monday, February 06, 2006

Total balaa...

Its been so long since my last post. So much has happened since then...

First, I got a job. I'm now in marketing though my pals in the village would prefer to call me a broker (local definition of 'broker': A person who finds people willing to sell any item and then finds buyers for the same items... for a commission, preferably from both parties!). They however think Im crazy for taking up such an occupation believing that by venturing into this 'career', one automatically becomes a cheat, conman, thief... the description is endless! This is the only business that I could start with zero capital... all I need is to know the right people and to have special persuation abilities. The havest was poor, so poor that as at this date, my pockets are empty, and so is my bank account. I'm now a week old in this business and already, there are several exiting prospects. To set the ball rolling though, I will sell one of my two cows to the highest bidder. The cow is worth about KShs. 15,000.00 but I will try to get at least KShs. 20,000 from some farmer. You might call me dishonest but the buyer will be happy with the bargain- its a good cow, with lots of potential if properly fed (not that I was starving it). I have also been shopping around for a suit and was supprised at how expensive these things are!
Watch this space for what happened later...

6 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

all the best with your new career!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Irena said...

This is absolutely interesting and will watch the space to hear more of the buying and selling of cows , is this the one they call "GRADE 1":-).

1:02 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Got Milk? LOL!
Wish you well with the business venture. Stay focused & you sure will succeed. This one's from someone who's in the process of setting up an online business most folks think is the craziest idea they ever heard of but I know it will turn heads & get tongues wagging when am done:)

PS: A journey of a thousand miles starts with....? so now you know:)

2:48 AM  
Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

Hey, thanks for sharing about life in the village. I hope your business gets off the ground well.

JR Woodward

9:45 PM  
Blogger Basha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Good luck with your business Kachumbari.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home